IP Legal & Litigation
ABG offers an innovative and high quality legal service in relation to IP. The combination of our deep legal and technical expertise allows us to solve cutting-edge legal issues and carry out effective litigation, even in the most complex and innovative areas of creation and technology
This post is also available in: Español
ABG’s Legal and Litigation Department offers its clients legal advice and guidance in four fields:
Internal scope of company
In the company’s internal sphere and in the framework of their relations with suppliers and customers, the adoption of legal and organizational measures to achieve a successful protection of inventions, creations and works which may be protected under the patent, designs and copyright systems.
Relation with third parties
At the contractual level, negotiating, drafting and reviewing contracts whose subject-matter refers to the ownership of results of research activities, commercialization of inventions (patented or not) and other intangible assets.
For example, we assist our clients in the drafting of confidentiality, R&D and MTA, joint venture, technology transfer, license and assignment agreements regarding patents, utility models, patent designs, distinctive signs, copyright, trade secrets and know-how, and as well as agency and distribution agreements.
We can assits in:
- The adoption of measures to establish the existence, date of creation, ownership and scope of intangible assets.
- The drafting of cease and desist letters regarding infringement of intellectual property rights and trade secrets.
- The drafting and filing of applications for verification and description of facts and other requests for information from potential defendants, in order to prepare actions concerning the infringement of patents, utility models, patent designs, distinctive signs, copyrights, trade secrets and for unfair competition.
- The application for preliminary injunctions (ex parte and inter partes) and applications for gathering of critical evidence and protective letters before Courts.
- Requests for customs seizure of goods that might infringe intellectual property rights.
Enforcement and litigation
On the enforcement and litigation front, preparing and filing judicial actions on infringement, validity, and actions claiming the entitlement of patents, utility models, designs, distinctive signs, cancellation actions of distinctive signs, actions for copyright and trade secrets infringement and unfair competition.