Information & Communications Technology (ICT)
Information and Communications Technologies (ICT) is probably one of the most fast-developing technical and exponentially growing areas nowadays. This also represents a real challenge for those working in IP.
ICT IP Rights
The ABG’s ICT team can work across a range of technical fields encompassing:
- computer implemented inventions (CII),
- blockchain based technologies,
- mathematical models based inventions,
- communications systems,
- augmented reality,
- internet of things (IoT), or
- artificial intelligence (AI).
Our ICT team combine solid knowledge and experience advising clients in key aspects such as:
- patentability studies,
- developing of profitable strategies for protecting innovations,
- drafting and prosecution of patent / utility model applications in the relevant fields worldwide,
- filing and defending against oppositions,
- infringement risk studies, and
- freedom to operate (FTO) opinions.
Our attorneys also collaborate with the in-house team of IP lawyers, for example, in matters relating to licensing and Standard Essential Patents, providing the client with the expertise necessary to ensure the best advice possible.
ABG’s ICT team deals with inventions in cutting-edge technologies such as software and computer related inventions, technologies applied to finance (FinTech), micro and nano-electronic technologies, modelling systems, cryptography and encryption techniques, and the recent and disruptive blockchain based technologies.
Some of our attorneys have also extensive experience participating as experts in litigation cases, having taken part in some of the major patent infringement/nullity actions in Spain relating to ICT, assisting lawyers in the technical part of the litigation procedure.