The goal of the UAM Awards for Innovation and Transfer of Knowledge, whose first edition is currently being celebrated and in which ABG Intellectual Property participated, is to recognise the work of the Teaching and Research Staff of the Universidad Autónoma de Madrid (UAM) who has contributed to the development of activities of knowledge generation, dissemination, and transfer.
The awards have been divided into two categories, each with a first prize and two accésits:
Social Sciences, Law, Arts and Humanities Category:
- First prize
- Carlos Giménez Romero for the project, “Innovation and transfer in migrations, mediation and intercultural coexistence. The Migration and Multiculturalism Program”
- Elena Pérez Hernández for the project “Innovation and knowledge transfer for educational inclusion”.
- Cecilia Simón Rueda for the project “UAM Research Group: Equity, Diversity and Inclusive Education (EQUIDEI)”.
Experimental Sciences, Health, Engineering Category:
- First prize
- José Antonio Casas de Pedro for the project “Developments in Water Treatment Processes for the Elimination of Micro- and Nanoplastics, their Analysis and Quantification”.
- Antonio Cuadrado Pastor for the project “The NRF2 transition factor as a new pharmacological target in chronic diseases”.
- Eduardo Lage Negro for the project “MEDIC: Medical Engineering Development & Innovation Center”
Almudena Fernández, European Patent Attorney and partner in the Departments of Chemistry & Materials and Pharmacy was one of the members of the jury that selected the winners in the experimental sciences, health and engineering category.
The First Edition of the UAM Awards for Innovation and Transfer of Knowledge has been promoted by the Universidad Autónoma de Madrid (UAM) and led by the Office of the Vice-Rector for Innovation, Culture and Transfer of Knowledge, with the support and collaboration of the UAM Foundation.
We would like to thank all of them from ABG Intellectual Property for inviting us to contribute to their implementation.