1. Who is responsible for procesing my data?
Any personal data that may be collected through the website or when communicating electronically with ABG will be processed by us, ABG Intellectual Property Law, S.L. (ABG) with registered office at Avenida de Burgos 16D, 28036 Madrid (Spain) and Corporate Tax Identification Number B-83769737.
2. How does ABG collect my data?
As a general rule, the use of the Website does not require users to reveal their personal data. The information you provide will be done so voluntarily, via Website or when communicating electronically with ABG.
3. Which data does ABG collect?
Only the data you provide us. These data may include name, last name, e-mail, phone, postal address, company and / or position. Additionally, when applying for a job, the information contained in your CV or any other documentation provided.
Please refrain from providing us any sensitive data about yourself when contacting ABG (e.g. data concerning health, sex life, sexual orientation, racial or ethnic origin, political opinions…). We do not need this information for processing purposes (see For what purposes does ABG process my data?).
4. Why can ABG process my data?
We are entitled to process your data because:
- You consent such processing, which will be formalised by the express acceptation at the time the data are collected. We inform you that you can withdraw the consent whenever you want. You can contact us following the steps included in What are my data protection rights and how can I exercise them?
- You have established or are in process to establish a contractual relationship with ABG. In this event, data collection will be necessary for the execution of any agreement.
5. For what purposes does ABG process my data?
Any data that you may provide us will be only used by ABG to:
- Identify you and be able to contact you;
- Manage your attendance at events you have registered for;
- Manage your job applications;
- Know your opinion and conduct surveys; and
- When we are authorized to do so, to send you information, by any means, about the services, events, seminars, conferences and other initiatives promoted by ABG.
You are free to pick only the purposes you are interested in and refuse the others. If this is your case, see how to exercise your rights in What are my data protection rights and how can I exercise them?
We expressly inform you that we do not process you data for any automated individual decision-making.
6. How long does ABG keep my data?
Your personal data will be kept for the time necessary to fulfil the purpose for which they were collected. When your data is no longer necessary, access to them will be limited to compliance with strictly legal obligations or they will be securely destroyed. Specifically:
- When we deal with your data to manage the contractual relationship, we will retain the data while the relationship continues and, when finished, during the time that any liability could be claimed by ABG or against ABG.
- In order to manage our recruitment process, we will handle the data you provide us with for a maximum period of 12 months and unless you remove your consent for this purpose.
- When we handle your data for sending communications, activities or invitations to events, we will retain your information until you remove your consent for this purpose.
- When you submit a query through our website, we will handle your data during the time required to manage and resolve the query and unless you remove your consent for this purpose.
For further information you can see What are my data protection rights and how can I exercise them?
7. Who will ABG share my data with?
ABG will not communicate the data collected to third parties, except when strictly necessary in order to manage and maintain the relationship with ABG or with prior authorization by the User.
8. What are my data protection rights and how cam I exercise them?
If you have submitted personal data to ABG, you have the following rights:
- Access: you can view and check your personal data included in ABG databases.
- Rectification: you can correct your personal data if it is inaccurate.
- Erasure: you can request for your personal data to be erased.
- Opposition: you can request for your personal data not to be processed.
- Processing limitation: you can request that processing of your data be restricted for certain purposes and keep the others (see For what purposes does ABG process my data?).
- Portability: you may receive the personal data you have provided in electronic format and transfer it to another entity.
In order to exercise your rights (and the consent withdrawal) please submit a copy of your national ID or equivalent document proving your identity with your application at firstname.lastname@example.org (or to our postal address indicated above). We will make all reasonable and practical efforts to comply with your request, so long as it is consistent with applicable law and professional standards.
Finally, if you think we have failed to process your personal data in accordance with the regulations, you have a right to file a claim with the Spanish Data Protection Agency (www.agpd.es). However, we kindly ask you to contact us before.
Last update: 22 October 2018